Jacob Kjær (1896-1957)
A rare one-of-a-kind freestanding Jacob Kjaer bureau-plat or desk.
Masterfully crafted in rosewood with original brass details. Designed and executed in cabinetmaker Jacob Kjær's own furniture workshop, Denmark, app. 1950-1955.
Front apron with 2x3 drawers and brass handles. Above drawers a pull-out leaf or writing surface. On the reverse side a pair of doors with a pull-out leaf or writing surface in the middle. Raised on four straight square legs with profile edges endning in brass shoes.
An elegant and beautiful desk with fine details showcasing craftsmanship and materials of the highest quality.
In excellent original condition with a sophisticated polish.
Height: 76 cm | Knee height: 71 cm | Width: 190 cm | Depth: 95 cm
Jacob Kjær became one of the most prominent Danish master cabinetmakers in the Danish modern era. He focused especially on high-quality craftsmanship and was Chairman of the Copenhagen cabinetmakers guild. With his classical style, he managed to create design classics, which are only available in a small edition, and are therefore highly sought after by design experts and connoisseurs.
|Mål (cm)||Height: 76 | Knee height: 71 | Width: 190 | Depth: 95|
|Materiale||Oak | Rosewood | Brass|
|Rapport||This item is located in our showroom, Nordhavn Copenhagen|
METHOD OF PURCHASE
Please add the desired item(s) to the basket. When checking out, you can choose between the two options:
1. The goods are collected ab stock
Either personally by carrier or third party. NB. Remember that if a person other than the buyer or a shipping company is coming to pick up the goods, ID and a power of attorney must be displayed to the buyer to avoid unauthorized disclosure.
Items can be collected Monday-Friday from 10-16.30.
We would prefer being noticed no later than the day before the goods are picked up.
2. You prefer our help finding the best possible shipping solution.
In this case, we will ALWAYS contact you later to agree on options and prices.
- If you do not find there is a suitable shipping solution, you have the option to cancel your purchase or choose another solution.
- When goods and a suitable freight solution is agreed, the amount of the goods purchased is proceeded deducted from your account (unless the payment has already been made via bank transfer.)
- The cost of freight is invoiced by the transport company.
- The goods are shipped / picked up as agreed.