METHOD OF PURCHASE
Please add the desired item(s) to the basket. When checking out, you can choose between the two options:
1. The goods are collected ab stock Either personally by carrier or third party. NB. Remember that if a person other than the buyer or a shipping company is coming to pick up the goods, ID and a power of attorney must be displayed to the buyer to avoid unauthorized disclosure.
Items can be collected Monday-Friday from 8-15. We would prefer being noticed no later than the day before the goods are picked up.
2. You prefer our help finding the best possible shipping solution.
In this case, we will ALWAYS contact you later to agree on options and prices.
- If you do not find there is a suitable shipping solution, you have the option to cancel your purchase or choose another solution.
- When goods and a suitable freight solution is agreed, the amount of the goods purchased is proceeded deducted from your account (unless the payment has already been made via bank transfer.)
- The cost of freight is invoiced by the transport company.
- The goods are shipped / picked up as agreed.
MORE ABOUT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Exceptional German Neoclassical Secretary. Berlin 1810-1815
Magnificent early 19th century German Neoclassical secretary desk, Berlin c. 1810-1815.
Ebonized wood richly decorated with gilt bronze. Marbled quarter-columns with gilded bronze ormolu mounts. Gilt bronze frieze with scrolling grape vines.
The interior architecture is fitted with pair of top drawers with handmade decorations of personages. Several cherry wood veneered drawers grouped around the central, mirrored compartment. The base of the mirrored compartment is decorated with hand-painted fruits, bordered by rhombic marquetry.
Secret compartments are worked out under this base, and only can be opened by a smart locking mechanism.
Lower section with pair of doors opening to pair of shelves.
An outstanding secretaire in untouched and good condition.