METHOD OF PURCHASE
Please add the desired item(s) to the basket. When checking out, you can choose between the two options:
1. The goods are collected ab stock Either personally by carrier or third party. NB. Remember that if a person other than the buyer or a shipping company is coming to pick up the goods, ID and a power of attorney must be displayed to the buyer to avoid unauthorized disclosure.
Items can be collected Monday-Friday from 8-15. We would prefer being noticed no later than the day before the goods are picked up.
2. You prefer our help finding the best possible shipping solution.
In this case, we will ALWAYS contact you later to agree on options and prices.
- If you do not find there is a suitable shipping solution, you have the option to cancel your purchase or choose another solution.
- When goods and a suitable freight solution is agreed, the amount of the goods purchased is proceeded deducted from your account (unless the payment has already been made via bank transfer.)
- The cost of freight is invoiced by the transport company.
- The goods are shipped / picked up as agreed.
MORE ABOUT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Chinese Stone Shoemaker's Weight with happy Buddha
18-19th century Chinese carved stone sculpture depicting a Happy Buddha.
Carved from a solid piece of black stone, this weight was originally used by a Shoemaker. After layers of fabrics are binder and glued, weights like these were put on top to make the binding stronger.
These weights are call ‘YaXie’ in Chinese which mean ‘press shoes’; however, the sound is exactly the same as ‘oppress evil’ which took on an auspicious meaning. This additional meaning took on a life of its own and made these objects more popular as a decorative object then their original utilitarian purpose. That’s why most of them are in excellent condition as they were just ‘placed’ auspiciously as a fascinating tabletop sculpture.