METHOD OF PURCHASE
Please add the desired item(s) to the basket. When checking out, you can choose between the two options:
1. The goods are collected ab stock Either personally by carrier or third party. NB. Remember that if a person other than the buyer or a shipping company is coming to pick up the goods, ID and a power of attorney must be displayed to the buyer to avoid unauthorized disclosure.
Items can be collected Monday-Friday from 8-15. We would prefer being noticed no later than the day before the goods are picked up.
2. You prefer our help finding the best possible shipping solution.
In this case, we will ALWAYS contact you later to agree on options and prices.
- If you do not find there is a suitable shipping solution, you have the option to cancel your purchase or choose another solution.
- When goods and a suitable freight solution is agreed, the amount of the goods purchased is proceeded deducted from your account (unless the payment has already been made via bank transfer.)
- The cost of freight is invoiced by the transport company.
- The goods are shipped / picked up as agreed.
MORE ABOUT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Pair Of 18th Century Temple Elephants Carved In Sandstone From Burma
Pair of rare 18th century temple elephants carved in sandstone with chalk and leftovers of gold leaf.
Chalking is used as a surface to bind gold leaf. Originally fully covered with gold leaf.
Elephants have a God status and are the guardians of the Buddha templ, often seen at the temple entrance.
On the back of each elephant, there is a large recess for columns- pergola.
In fine condition with natural age-related patina.
Often seen in replica version made in clay but here we got the original temple elephants from pagodas, 18th century.
Sold as a pair.