Apothecary Medicine Chest with 45 Drawers
A Chinese Qing Dynasty apothecary / pharmacy medicine chest.
Front in original red oxblood lacquer with 45 drawers (42 small drawers + 3 larger drawers at the bottom). Each drawer with hand written Chinese calligraphy in black lacquer. These were used to store and organise Chinese herbs and the drawers were labeled according to the herbs that were stored inside. Previously in China, the doctor and pharmacist were the same person and the medicine chest was used for storage of minerals and herbs that were included in natural medicine.
A statement piece in original red lacquer with beautiful age-related patina.
China, Shanxi Provinse 1850-1870.
NB: This piece was originally one out of a pair.
See the other one here: SKU: 105015
|Mål (cm)||H: 164 | W: 132 | D: 49|
|Rapport||This item is located in our external warehouse, Kastrup, Copenhagen|
METHOD OF PURCHASE
Please add the desired item(s) to the basket. When checking out, you can choose between the two options:
1. The goods are collected ab stock
Either personally by carrier or third party. NB. Remember that if a person other than the buyer or a shipping company is coming to pick up the goods, ID and a power of attorney must be displayed to the buyer to avoid unauthorized disclosure.
Items can be collected Monday-Friday from 10-16.30.
We would prefer being noticed no later than the day before the goods are picked up.
2. You prefer our help finding the best possible shipping solution.
In this case, we will ALWAYS contact you later to agree on options and prices.
- If you do not find there is a suitable shipping solution, you have the option to cancel your purchase or choose another solution.
- When goods and a suitable freight solution is agreed, the amount of the goods purchased is proceeded deducted from your account (unless the payment has already been made via bank transfer.)
- The cost of freight is invoiced by the transport company.
- The goods are shipped / picked up as agreed.