Erik Hoppe (Danish painter) 1896-1968.
Painting depicting "Wilder's Plads", in Copenhagen, 1936-1937.
Oil on canvas. Measurements without frame: 104 cm x 114 cm
Note.: The big house in the painting was Danish merchant and ship-owner Friederich Tutein's warehouse (no longer exists).
Havnegade (translates to Harbor Street) can be seen in the background.
Erik Hoppe was a Danish painter who is remembered for his paintings from the Copenhagen area. Hoppe mastered the effects of light and colour. His earlier work is typified by greens and dull shades but later he produced compositions benefitting from bright sunlight. His style reflects the peculiarly Danish form of modernism, initially based on the sombre everyday-realism of around 1930.
|Without frame: 89 | B: 100
With frame: H: 104 | B: 114 | D: 4,5
|Canvas | Oil paint | Polychrome | Gilded wooden frame
METHOD OF PURCHASE
Please add the desired item(s) to the basket. When checking out, you can choose between the two options:
1. The goods are collected ab stock
Either personally by carrier or third party. NB. Remember that if a person other than the buyer or a shipping company is coming to pick up the goods, ID and a power of attorney must be displayed to the buyer to avoid unauthorized disclosure.
Items can be collected Monday-Friday from 10-16.30.
We would prefer being noticed no later than the day before the goods are picked up.
2. You prefer our help finding the best possible shipping solution.
In this case, we will ALWAYS contact you later to agree on options and prices.
- If you do not find there is a suitable shipping solution, you have the option to cancel your purchase or choose another solution.
- When goods and a suitable freight solution is agreed, the amount of the goods purchased is proceeded deducted from your account (unless the payment has already been made via bank transfer.)
- The cost of freight is invoiced by the transport company.
- The goods are shipped / picked up as agreed.